Home owners in a town (not 30 miles from me) are being besieged by wild boar.
They are being urged to consider putting up 5 ft electric fences around their property to fend off the beasts hunting for food.
Only the damn things are wreaking the cemetary too.
Personally I hate cemeteries, but older people like to visit their loved ones resting place and what they are finding is the place wrecked.
So what to do?
Wild boar is tasty. But there are problems.
- They aren’t easy to kill.
- That would need firearms for distance working as bow hunting is forbidden.
- You can’t trap or snare them (unless you can finish them off and that’s going to be a shotgun which will enrage the local tree huggers, environmentalists, animal rights, and probably the LGBT and BLM (London University chapter).
- Even if you had a gun, discharging a firearm in a graveyard is forbidden as is discharging the same in a township.
- As per usual, local or central government will do nothing.
So is there a danger?
Yep, dogs, cats, and children could get killed, and adults badly mauled (if not killed) if they took one on mano a mano.
Thus, as is typical UK, it’s going to take a death (preferably a OAP or child) before the government get’s off her high heels and authorises a cull OR arms the population. Which as we all know just won’t happen.
Good isn’t it.
Someone will have to die before action will be taken.
How very British government.