Based on actual events.
Dear Mr. Electricity Company
I would love to pay the bill you sent me electronically to save money if only I:-
- Owned a computer
- Could use a computer
- Could use the Internet which I don’t have
- Could use this email thing you say I have but know nothing about
- Could even start to understand what a ‘zip’ file is
- Knew how to enter a password to decrypt a zipped Adobe file
- Knew how to then read an Adobe file
- Actually knew what an Adobe file was?
- Can find an eight year old to do all these things you say I should do.
- Let you install the phone line and computer you think I have.
Meanwhile would you please send me a copy of the bill (which would have been nice in the first place), in printed form, using what my great-grandson calls SNAIL MAIL.
Someone brought up when TV’s took 5 minutes to warm up and only came in one colour, monochrome!