Armed police seen patrolling trains for first time in history amid fears of further attacks after Manchester bombing. British Transport Police says there will be a ‘firearms presence’ on trains as detectives continue to search for Salman Abedi’s accomplices.
- London Underground (LU) – a record of over 1.3 billion passenger journeys
4.8 million passenger journeys per day.
- London-based Buses – a record of nearly 2.4 billion passenger journeys – over half of all bus journeys made in England.
- Trains. Around 4.7 million run a day.
Most of the peak travel within 3-4 hours a day.
All soft targets that might also include:-
- Schools, there are 8.6 million of them.
- Colleges and Further Education. 371. Universities 131.
Total number of police is 124,066 full-time equivalent.
Number of armed police?
On 31 March 2016 there were 5,639 authorised firearms officers.
There are a few more now.
Chances of a police presence armed or not covering just 1% that number? Negligible.
So, this is looking really good for private security firms.
Only what chance would they have of successfully countering an attack?
That being an armed lone wolf or even a multi-person terrorist attack?
Them facing bladed weapons, firearms, a bomb, or even a fast-moving vehicle with no more than a mobile phone and a couple of days training?
And they disarmed the law-abiding in the UK because ?????????????
“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are:
I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” – President Reagan Aug. 12, 1986
You are on your own.
Don’t be brave, and
Be ready to run like hell!